Saturday, February 18, 2012

Delta Xi Phi D-Xirable/D-Xired Diamonds! D-Xire to be Different!

D-Xire to be Different!


So, I think it's time to explain why I called my blog "D-Xired Diamond: One Precious Stone!"
I didn't call it this to be conceded. I called my blog this in honor of my sorority.
I LOVE my sorority - Delta Xi Phi (DXP) Multicultural Sorority and what it stands for! :)
We call each other D-Xirable (Diamonds) but I decided to use D-Xired instead because D-Xirable was taken on Twitter.
My Twitter account is @DXiredDiamond by the way! :)
So, it's time to highlight my sorority!

Delta Xi Phi (DXP) Multicultural Sorority:
It was founded April 20th, 1994 on the University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign campus, by fifteen young women. These women recognized a need for an organization that appreciated the different cultures present on their college campuses. Multicultural awareness, as well as community service, the empowerment of women in higher education, friendship and sisterhood were also important aspects of DELTA XI PHI.

Motto:
"What's possible has been done, what's impossible must be done." - Walt Disney

Quote:
"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Delta Xi Phi's 5 Pillars:
Delta Xi Phi sisters direct their energies to supporting the following Five Pillars:

Advancement of Women Through Higher Education:
All of our active sisters attend weekly study hours to concentrate on why they are at college - to earn a degree! We award sisters with high G.P.A's as well as sisters who improve their gpa's.

Increasing Multicultural Awareness:
We celebrate the diverse cultures that surround us through workshops, potluck dinners, international films, talent shows and other events. We also attend as many other cultural events as possible on campus & in the community to increase our knowledge and appreciation for diversity. 

Community Service:
All active and associate members participate in individual and group community service. It is through service that we strengthen our bonds with each other and help improve the areas that we live in.

Sisterhood:
Our unique bond of sisterhood starts in the associate member period and continues for life. Sisters at our chapters grow closer through celebrations, going to events and just plain hanging out together.

Friendship:
Just as we extend friendship to each other, we extend it to our campus & communities. We show support by co-hosting and participating in events with Greek lettered organizations and other student & community groups.

Delta Xi Phi's Symbols:
 The following Symbols embody Delta Xi Phi's strength and tenacity:

Flower:
Yellow Rose of Texas


Stone:
White Diamond


Mascot:
White Bengal Tiger


Picture of White Bengal Tiger cubs

Picture of White Bengal Tiger cubs

Colors:
Navy Blue and Maroon


Greek Letters:
Delta Xi Phi


Delta Xi Phi's National Philanthropy:

American Cancer Society: 
There are so many types of cancer out there that affect the people that we love, and we felt that through our diverse skills and abilities we could help raise money to find the cure! Each of our chapters raises awareness and money through programs at their local ACS office, like Daffodil Days and Relay for Life.

Why I LOVE and joined my sorority:
I LOVE and joined my sorority for so many reasons but the main reason that I joined it was because it promotes MULTICULTURAL AWARENESS! I am multicultural (Native American, Louisiana Creole, and African American/Black), so I believe that DXP was a perfect fit for me. What better than to join a sorority that promotes and brings awareness to diversity and different cultures? The other reason that I joined is because DXP ladies "D-Xire to be Different!" I don't want to blend in, I want to stand out and I don't have any problems with that. I embrace being different, just like I embrace being multicultural! :) We are Diamonds in the Rough polished to be the shiniest in the world.

"My D-XI Diamonds"
By: Me, LaTasha B.

My D-XI Diamonds we make up a beautiful mosaic, a culturally beautiful melting pot.
With all of our different lives, different stresses, and different personalities we blend to create RU's DXP Omicron Chapter!

I figure I would put a smile on all my beautiful loves faces by telling you why I love you all so much, why I love you all tremenduously.

Alexis - You are so beautiful and so sweet! You make me smile all the time! I feel like your compliments are endless! You are just so lovely! Love you tons!

Lauren - You are my DXP mama and I love you to death! Wow, you are so incredible! It's nice to have a mama like you! You make me smile as well and you are always there for me!

Erin - You are my DXP gmama and I love you to death! You constantly make me smile EVERYTIME I see you and you have the most amazingly tight hugs ever!

Carma - You are such a sweetie pie and so funny love! You are a joy to be around! You make me laugh a lot beautiful!

Rachel - You are so nice and gorgeous! You make me laugh as well for so many different reasons!

Monica - OMG, my love, you just make me laugh! You are so funny that I love it! You scaring the whole room was pricesless! I won't forget it!

Sarah N. - You are so quiet my love but you are so sweet as well. There is a calmness about your nature, a maturity. I LOVE hanging out with you and enjoying movies with you!

Sarah D. - You are so sweet and so kind! You are so much fun to be around as well! I LOVE that you LOVE to dance and have a good time!

Grace C. - You are so kind and sweet! There's this kind heart underneath your tough shell! You are my tiny love because I enjoy the fact that we are both so little! Also, you make the BEST bios EVER!

You girls are my family, you are my light!
I love you girls dearly, my sisters, my family, and as family we will stick together NO MATTER WHAT!

Other notable D-Xired Diamonds because they are so very D-Xirable and awesome!:
Jen W., Nakeshia A., Monica V., Sharon K., Brittany W., Miranda G., Tara P., Cassy C., Erien W., Delia C., Izzie K., Nakita D., Tricia H., Kassandra S., Alexandra B., Brandie M., Jeris J., Nancy S., Danielle S., Kristen D., Jessica S., Susana (Maria) G., Courtney G., Kaylee M., Theresa T., Erica V., Luisiana C., Safiyya S., Adriana G., Amanda A., Nicki A., Hilda W., Victoria D., Isabel C., etc!

D-Xi Diamonds:
We are diamonds loves, D-Xirable (D-Xired) Diamonds!
This means that we are durable and dependable,
we are the STRONGEST mineral in the world,
we SHINE terribly bright,
and we last FOREVER!
So as Diamonds so D-Xirable, we must stay STRONG, we must SHINE bright, and we must last FOREVER!

D-Xirable Pics/Cartoon:





Hope that you enjoyed my post about my very D-Xirable sorority and sorority sisters! :)

Love always,
LaTasha B.
x0x0x0x

14 comments:

  1. great post dear!!of course,enjoyed=)
    kisses pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lapetiteblonde - Thank you so much for your comment hun! I really appreciate it! I'm so glad that you like my post and enjoyed it! That's awesome and good to know! :)

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x

      Delete
  2. the history of the blog's name is perfect!!!
    kisses

    maitane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maitane - Thank you so much for your comment! You are always so kind and sweet! I appreciate that! I'm glad that you think that this post is perfect! :)

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x

      Delete
  3. Your sorority seems really nice! It's always good to feel like you belong to something. Also, I love the mascot. Such a cute tiger!

    :)

    Best wishes from one blogger to another,

    ~Zabrinah

    [your everyday girl,
    writing about guys]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zabrinah - Thank you so much for your comment hun! I really appreciate it! Yes, my sorority is pretty awesome! :) I'm glad that you love our mascot, the white bengal tiger is pretty cute! :) Checking out your blog now hun! :)

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Fabiana - Thank you so much for your comment love! I'm glad that you like my post! :)

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x

      Delete
  5. It's nice to know about your sorority and the subsequent name of your blog!! I love your sorority motto: who said tha Walt Disney wasn't wise?

    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Bloglovin'
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francesca R. Capizzi - Thank you so much for your comment beautiful! I really appreciate it hun! Glad that you enjoy my post! And thanks, I appreciate the fact that you love our motto as well! Walt Disney was very wise! :)

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x

      Delete
  6. Love the story behind the blog! Explains so much and gives it meaning :)

    Http://www.trendyteal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment lovely! I really appreciate it! I'm glad that you love the story behind my blog as well! :)

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x

      Delete
  7. I loved to know the origin of the name.
    I kept thinking what it meant ... kkkk
    I loved the super post and all its meaning.
    Kisses. Good week!
    http://modaeexcelencia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leticia Mota - Thank you so much love! I really appreciate your comment! I'm glad that you love this post and the origin of my blog! Thanks so much hun! Enjoy your week hun! :)

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my blog! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)