Friday, February 17, 2012

Some of My D-Xirably Favorite Quotes! (Mother Teresa, Mahatma Ghandi, Dalai Lama, Buddha, MLK Jr., Hellen Keller, etc.)

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”    
~Mother Teresa

I was an English major, so I enjoy wonderful, powerful, and thought-provoking quotes! Here are some of my favorite quotes by some of my favorite leaders and people! Many of them are by religious/spiritual leaders. What did you expect? I minored in Theology! While other quotes are from political leaders. Again, what did you expect? I was a Political Science minor as well! :) Lastly, other quotes are by major celebrities (actresses - Theatre minor of course!) and other influential people.

Misquoted as Mother Teresa (by Dr. Kent M. Keith)

"Do It Anyway"

"People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Be good anyway.

Honesty and frankness will make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People need help, but may attack you if you try to help them.
Help them anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway."

Mother Teresa

“Peace begins with a smile..”

“I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.”   

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”   

“Do not think that love in order to be genuine has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”

“Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.”    

“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”    

“If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.”  

“May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us." 

“The person who gives with a smile is the best giver because God loves a cheerful giver.”

“Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.”

 "Life"
“Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.”  

Mahatma Ghandi

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

"Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well."

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

"Though we may know Him by a thousand names, He is one and the same to us all."

"Where love is, there God is also."

"A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes."

"One's own religion is after all a matter between oneself and one's Maker and no one else's.

"Before the throne of the Almighty, man will be judged not by his acts but by his intentions. For God alone reads our hearts."

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

"I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won't presume to probe into the faults of others."

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."

"Morality is rooted in the purity of our hearts."

"Nobody can hurt me without my permission."

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of other."

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

"Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment."


Dalai Lama

"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."

"Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion."

"All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives."

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them."

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

"It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come."

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive."

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

Buddha

"Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule."

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

"Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind."

"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without. "

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world."

"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it."

"You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection."

"The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows."

"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."


"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better."

"At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love."

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

"I am not interested in power for power's sake, but I'm interested in power that is moral, that is right and that is good."

"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant."

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."


Anne Frank

"I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart."

"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!"

"I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains."

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

"We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same."

"Whoever is happy will make others happy too."

Helen Keller

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."

"The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart."

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do."

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."

Bob Marley

Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all."

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight."

"When one door is closed, don't you know, another is open."

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.”

"I don't stand for the black man's side, I don' t stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side."

“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”

“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!”

“Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright”

“Love the life you live. Live the life you love.”

"Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny."

"You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.”    

Walt Disney

"What's possible has been done, What's impossible must be done."

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."

"The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique."

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"Or heritage and ideals, our code and standards - the things we live by and teach our children - are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings."

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."


Eleanor Roosevelt

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

"Friendship with ones self is all important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world."

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

"In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility."

"It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it."

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

"Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn't have the power to say yes."

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built."

"You must do the things you think you cannot do. "

Abraham Lincoln

"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."

"Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing."

"Everybody likes a compliment."

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."

"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion."

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."

Marilyn Monroe

“I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.”

“I want to grow old without facelifts... I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I've made. Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age, to die young, but then you'd never complete your life, would you? You'd never wholly know you."

“I've never dropped anyone I believed in.”

“I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.”

“I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent."


Judy Garland

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."

"I can live without money, but I cannot live without love."

These are just some of the quotes that I'm very fond of and many of them are by some of my favorite leaders. Some of these quotes are just different versions borrowed from other leaders but I LOVE them just the same. I hope that you enjoyed reading some of my favorite quotes! :)

Love always,
LaTasha B.
x0x0x0x

4 comments:

  1. Hi hun, I need to take a special time out of my day to read these lists of inspiration properly. I love all the words of wisdom, I want to print it out or at least bookmark this page (if its fine with you). I love the words of Helen Keller and Mother Teresa. Amazing post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - Hey super beautiful one! Thank you so much for your comment! Yes, you may bookmark this page! Absolutely! :) I'm glad that you enjoyed these quotes and words of wisdom! That's awesome! I LOVE Helen Keller and Mother Teresa! :)

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x0

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful post, i was always one to memorize quotes either they are religious, political, philosophical etc. but even i didn't know some of the quotes you shared with us.
    thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne M. - Thank you so much love! I really appreciate your comment! I'm SO glad that you thought that this was a beautiful post! I love to memorize quotes as well! I'm glad that you found some new ones love! :)

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my blog! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)