Sunday, July 21, 2013

Un D-Xirable Behavior! Racism, Cruelty, and Bullying!

Hello my wonderful and amazing loves!

In light of recent events, I decided to create this post. There are some things that are really bothering me lately.

There's so much negativity in the world. Life isn't easy for anyone. Life is hard enough by itself, wouldn't it just be easier to support and love one another? Kindness, a simple act that can make someone's day a thousand times better.

Things that are bothering me:

1) Racism (Now hidden racism)
2) Cruel and insensitive words said after someone's death
3) Bullying

1) Racism. 

"I don’t care if you’re black, white, short, tall, skinny, rich or poor. If you RESPECT me, I’ll respect you."

It's 2013 already! You would think that racism would be gone by now but no it still exists. Now a days, it's just hidden. It's quite sad and stupid actually. 

We all breathe the same air, we all live on the same planet, we all bleed red blood, and we all have blue veins so why does race still matter? We are all human beings with feelings. 

Does it matter if someone's skin is light skinned, fair skinned, brown skinned, or dark skinned? We are all people at the end of the day trying to co-exist in this world. I just don't get it at all. At the end of the day, we are all mixed with something anyways. There should be no reason for racism. It's just really sad how close-minded some people can be. We are all human beings, God creations, and we should really just accept and love each other for who we are and not judge one another by the color of someone's skin/race. 

In theology class, we did an assignment that I will always remember. We talked about how race is a man-made idea. 

We all share the same DNA. Race doesn't come from our DNA. 

Is it really so hard for people to accept someone just because of their skin color? Can you really know who someone is just by looking at the color of their skin? Last I remember, Charlize Theron is from South Africa, but you wouldn't know that just by looking at her? Rashida Jones is biracial (half-black), but you wouldn't know that just by looking at her either? So again, would you really be able to know who someone is just by looking at the color of their skin? No! It's just really annoying that racism still exists.

2) Cruel and insensitive words said after someone's death. 

"There are so many nasty comments being posted it would be great if those making the comments took out their dictionary and looked up the word 'compassion'. If you don't have a dictionary try 'googling' the word."

I don't care how anyone dies at the end of the day, whether it's by natural causes, murder, suicide, or a drug overdose, it's all still sad. 

The simple fact is that someone has died. That's it. It's sad. Someone lost their life and someone is out there is grieving about it. That person has family and/or friends that knew them and cared about them. Someone that loved them and cared about them are grieving their death. It's that simple. Someone died. 

Yes, people die all the time and it's sad every time. May all of them rest in peace.

All of the negative words said after someone's death, especially when the cause of death is a drug overdose or suicide, is just really cruel and insensitive. Yes, they made the choice to take drugs and/or to commit suicide. But that doesn't give anyone the right to judge their life/decisions and say something negative about it after they have passed away. 

1) They are dead so they can't defend themselves so just be quiet. If you have nothing nice to say about it then don't say anything at all. It's just that simple. 

2) No one is perfect. We all make mistakes. Don't judge anyone else's choices or mistakes. You have your mistakes, let them have their mistakes. Don't judge anyone. (Especially if you don't know them and you know nothing about their life!) 

Just learn from their mistakes. If you want to educate your children on the risks of taking drugs and educate them on suicidal behavior to teach them, then do it. That's your job to. Don't blame the media for glorifying it when it's your job to teach your child/children. Educate them on the risks and show them better role models. If there are tributes to celebrate someone's life and their career, then so be it! Don't say cruel words after someone's death. Especially if you don't know them personally!!! It's cruel and any death is still tragic.

3) Bullying.

"I don’t care if you’re black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you’re nice to me, I’ll be nice to you. Simple as that."

Everyone is different. No one is alike. I really wished that we would start celebrating differences instead of using them to pick on someone and bully them. Those differences make each and everyone of us unique and who we are. They make us beautiful.

Let's face it, bullying has been around for years. It's terrible. To bully someone just because they are different is just cruel. No one is the same. Everyone is different. We shouldn't punish or bully someone just because they are different. We are all God's children, we are all His creation, and we are made in His likeness. This makes each and every last one of us beautiful. 

People are being bullied for the dumbest things too. Bullied because their name is a bit creative, bullied for their weight, bullied for their accents, bullied for wearing glasses, bullied for their sexuality, bullied for being poor, etc. etc. etc. More importantly, they are being bullied over things that children really know nothing about. Bullies have no idea of what's going on in their victims life, they have no idea of the harm that are inflicting on their victim, and bullies have no idea of the consequences of their actions. Bullying is just ugly, and it sometimes ends in a tragic suicide. So, if you have to make someone feel bad just because of who they are, then you need to look in the mirror. I'm pretty sure that you are not happy with what you see. 

Bullying someone, teasing someone, and/or picking on someone will not make you look or feel better about yourself.

Love and acceptance of others must start at home. It must start with parents and/or guardians. And unfortunately, it's not being taught at home. People are still holding on to the past and it's sad. Children should be taught that beauty is everywhere and in everyone, they just have to look for it and find it. It's true. Beauty is everywhere. 

Just a little kindness goes a long way. Say 'thank you' and give out compliments. It will be sure to make someone's day.

Hate or love this post, I really don't care. There's just too much ugliness and negativity out in the world, and I just had to address it. I'm all for love, kindness, acceptance, and unity. That's who I am and that's who I will always be. I stand loyal to my beliefs. And yes, I'm a Liberal. I say that with pride. I'm not above anyone and I'm not below anyone, I stand where I stand. I'm not judging anyone either. You are who you are. I'm just merely saying that sometimes we have to stop and think about the things before we say them or do them. You're entitled to your opinions as am I, you can have that, just be mindful of the things you say and do.

I'm not perfect. I never have been and I never will be. I'm only human. I'm flawed and all. We all are. So always keep that in mind. Don't judge anyone, especially if you don't know them. Try putting yourself in their shoes before you start judging them.

That's my post for the day. My little rant. The world can be a beautiful place if we make it one. It starts with each and every one of us. It just takes a little patience, love, and kindness! :) May love always surround you and May God always bless you!

Love always,
LaTasha B.
x0x0x0x

7 comments:

  1. Hi dear, you have brought up such imperative thoughts...sadly there is too much of these negative issues going on in every part of the world. Sadly racism still exists. I wish people would look at a person for their qualities and qualifications and not at their skin colour. Bullying is another terrible factor, especially now on social media. All we can do is be the best people we can be and try to set an example for others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lovely Sam!

      Thank you so much for your comment love! As always, I appreciate it! Thank you for being an amazing follower and friend too!

      I know. It's so sad. All of this negativity everywhere. So many tragedies going on in the world. It's all so sad.

      Yes, I agree. People should be judged for their qualities and qualifications.

      Yes, I agree. Bullying has grown with the help of social media. Honestly, I didn't think about bullying on social media when I did this post. Thank you for bringing that up! Social media has brought bullying to a whole new level and platform. It's so unfortunate!

      And you're right. All we can do is be the best people that we can be and try to set an example for others. Maybe if we start to lead by example others will follow. We can only hope! :) I just wish for the best in this world!

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x

      Delete
  2. Hello Mr. Lonely!

    Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it! I'm glad that you visited my page with a smile! That makes me so happy! It makes me posting this so much worth it!
    Thanks again for your comment! I appreciate it! :) Have a lovely day!

    Sincerely,
    LaTasha B.
    x0x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweety, I appreciate you taking the time to visit and leaving such wonderful words over at mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely and beautiful Sam!

      It's no problem at all! You deserve all the kind words that were/are given to you! You're amazing love! :)

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x

      Delete
  4. All make mistakes ;)


    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello love!

      Yes, we do. We all make mistakes. :)

      Thank you so much for reading my post and for following my blog! I really appreciate it! I'm going to check out your blog now! :)

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my blog! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)