Tuesday, May 2, 2017

D-Xirably Missed! Tabitha's Wake and Funeral!

Hello, my wonderful and amazing loves!

Yesterday, my mom, little sister Nico, Derron, and I went to Tabitha's wake. It was the last time we got to see Tabitha. It was heartbreaking to see her laying in a casket... Today, was Tabitha's funeral. It was a very beautiful funeral. The Pastor and his church did an amazing job! I love the song they sang, too!

My sister and I was fortunate enough to give a tribute at Tabby's funeral. Thank you so much to Barb for allowing us to speak. It was an honor. I still can't believe she's gone. I will miss her so much! She was so young, only 24 years old, and she had so much life in her left. But I guess God wanted her close to him. I wrote this poem for her funeral. I love you sweet, Angel (Tabitha)!

For Our Angel, Tabitha (Tabby)

I’m honestly up here and I don’t know what to say--
I remember when we were younger and when we all used to play.

We used to do the cha-cha slide like every single day--
And we would go to the skating rink every Sunday.

We grew up with each other and went to the same school--
We would even hang out and meet up at the pool.

Together at our first concert we all went--
And all of the family holidays together we spent.

Tabby, dear Angel, you were always so sweet--
I remember all the candy we got from trick or treat.

We went bowling together and we even did cheer--
That’s why it’s so hard not to have you here.

We were all close, we all loved each other--
We all had a bond like no other.

It will be hard not to see your beautiful, smiling face--
And all the memories we have together, time couldn’t erase.

And though you’re not here, and though you’ve passed away--
Forever in our hearts you will always stay.

I know you’re in heaven looking down on us all--
Heaven’s got an angel and we love you and miss you sweet angel, that’s all.

This is see you later, this isn’t goodbye--
Because in our hearts and through our memories, your spirit will never die.

LaTasha B.
© 2017

Sweet Tabitha and I! Love you and miss you, Angel!

Brittany, Tabitha, and I at their graduation!

My little sis Nico and Tabitha!

Tabitha, Rachael, my little sister Nico, and I!

Me, Rachael, Tabby, and my little sis Nico!

Sweet angel, Tabitha and I!

It was SO nice seeing the family - Barb, Mr. Dick, Rachael, Jeff, and Jesus. I've been wanting to see them ever since I heard about Tabby. I love them all so much! It was also nice seeing Donna, Jennifer, Kyla, Ashley, and Brittany. Seeing the family is always a great thing but it's unfortunate that it had to be for a funeral.

May you rest in paradise/peace sweet, Tabitha! Our memories together, I will forever cherish. And you will always be in my heart. Watch over us sweet, Angel! You were a light in this world and you exemplified beauty and grace! We love you!

Hope you enjoyed the pics and post!

With love,
LaTasha B.
x0x0x0x!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my blog! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)